Saturday, January 21, 2012

for my grandmother at the loss of three of her friends this week...

The loss of a life that was so poignant and sweet
touched me and brought me to my knees.
As I look back over yesteryear
and wonder at the swiftly passing moments...
Where has the time gone?
How has someone who meant so much to me
now crossed over, passing from this life to the next?
You now see sights that I long to partake of,
if I could but ask
what do your eyes behold?
What do your ears hear?
Is it a sight too wondrous to speak of?
Sounds too amazing to utter?
Know that you will be missed
and that my heart will think of you often
each and every moment that passes here
with my reality still encompassed in flesh.
And know that I look forward with joyous anticipation
at our reunion in the very presence of our Creator.

No comments:

Post a Comment