Thursday, January 12, 2012

silly dog

We have a dog, Tanner, that we rescued from the pound shortly after moving here a number of years ago. He is the sweetest and strangest dog that I have ever met. He is a mutt really, but a cute one. He would prefer to do his doggie business on a puppy training mat than to go outside. It took me a couple of times of standing outside in the freezing cold for it click for me, but finally it did. And over the years we have meshed really well, as far as a doggie and his family go.

Until today.

Today Tanner took the cake (or in this case the cookies). My father in law sent home a plate of homemade peanut butter cookies (my husband's favorite) and we have really enjoyed every single crunchy, yummy bite. But obviously Tanner felt left out. Or had a hankering for some homemade peanut butter cookies. Or both. Because he snagged the plate off of the counter and managed to scarf down FIVE of them before I realized what was happening. Usually I only have to watch the bread and apples (because he will tear into a bag of bread or a bushel of apples in five seconds flat...like I said really, really sweet, but kinda strange) but obviously I will have to ammend that to bread, apples, and peanut butter cookies. I tried to explain to him that he will have quite the tummy ache later and laid out the dangers of choking after stuffing so much into your mouth and not bothering to chew thoroughly before swallowing. But I guess he was not interested in what I had to say because he went into his doggie cage, curled up in a ball and promptly fell asleep for his afternoon nap.

*sigh*

1 comment:

  1. I had a Lab that would eat anything,so everything had to be kept hidden away. Although she did manage to eat half of a 9x13 cake that was just frosted and for my son's first birthday...

    ReplyDelete