Thursday, March 22, 2012

Dear Sunshine,

Hey there. How are things going? How are you doing on your goals of losing weight, running and getting up every morning with the intention of clothing yourself in kindness, compassion, humility, gentleness, and patience? Are you enjoying your children and your husband? Are the words you are speaking - are they words that will encourage? Inspire? Could be repeated in front of anyone with the exact posture and tone that you are using at this moment? I just wanted to remind you to choose joy and to work hard. To enjoy these days and to live them fully - the full width and length of each minute giving thanks for everything. Because each moment is a precious gift. Have a great day and whatever else you do or don't get done today, please remember to pray constantly. About every single thing. Do not let one thing worry you, pray it all out.

Your friend,
Me

I have a journal I started recently where I write myself a letter. I don't know about anyone else, but I really, really struggle with getting so busy that I forget what is important. So at night before I go to bed I write myself a letter to read the next morning before my day starts (and if I am really struggling, many times through out the day). At the end of the day I take just a minute or two to jot down my answers to the questions I asked myself. It keeps me accountable and on track.

No comments:

Post a Comment