Thursday, April 5, 2012

As we approach Good Friday and the beginning of Passover, I pray for my heart and I pray for yours. I pray that I can lay down every sin that clings, every desire that is ungodly, every demand, expectation, idea and hope that is set on anything short of God. In short I pray that today, tomorrow and the next are more about Him and less about anything else, including myself. As I pour over the stories in the Bible that tell of His faithfulness to rescue and deliver – I pray to be rescued and delivered because no matter how good my intentions are my reality is less than. My capacity to sin is HUGE and my consistency to be inconsistent is my biggest stumbling block. I pray to remember I am only as strong as my weakest moment, because if I remember that I cling tighter to Him and rely less on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment