Monday, April 23, 2012

This verse make me stop and think...

Ecclesiastes 11:6
6. In the morning, sow your seed, and in the evening, do not withhold your hand, for you know not which will succeed, this one or that one, or whether both of them will be equally good.

Because although God knows the end from the beginning (Isaiah 46:10), I have no idea what things that I sow will go on to be successful or which will not amount to a hill of beans. I too often try to second guess what will work and what will not instead of sowing that which I know to sow and leaving the results up to God.

He is God, I am not.

He alone can provide what is needed for something to grow and prosper, I am just called to do all that I can do and then rest in Him. That last part is harder than the first part. It is easier for me to do what I can do than to rest once my part is over.

But it is pride that makes it harder.

Oh how I wrestle with pride. It is sneaky and awful and trips me up constantly. It takes His Word to crack open the hard parts of my heart, to humble me, and to cleanse me from the tenacious hold sin has on me.

So I came up with a little reminder for me, a sort of safety net to catch me when I want to wonder off to the right or to the left.
Read It. Pray It. Memorize It. Apply it. Trust it.
Read the Bible. Pray the Bible. Memorize the Bible. Apply the Bible. Trust the Bible.
My guard rails are in place, now let me go sow those seeds.

No comments:

Post a Comment