Wednesday, June 20, 2012

B90 Days 13 & 14

I am running behind, but things here at home needed my immediate attention for a few days. Now that things have calmed down somewhat, I am going to play catch up. These are either my all time favorite verses or new ones that I caught this time around. I am using NIV for ease of blogging, but usually I read from Chabad.org or my Complete Jewish Bible by David Stern.

Deuteronomy 5
vs 32 - 33
So be careful to do what the LORD your God has commanded you; do not turn aside to the right or to the left. Walk in all the way that the LORD your God has commanded you, so that you may live and prosper and prolong your days in the land that you will possess.

Deuteronomy 6
vs 4 - 9
Shema Y'israel Adonai Eloheynu Adonai Echad
Hear O Israel. Adonai our God, Adonai is one.
You are to love Adonai our God with all of your heart, with all of your soul, and with all of your strength. These words which I am giving you today are to be upon your heart. You are to teach them diligently to your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you travel upon the road. When you lie down and when you rise up. Tie them on your hand as a sign. Bind them at the front of your forehead on a headband. Write them on your door posts and upon your gates.

NEVER caught this before :
Chapter 18 talks about "The Prophet"
in verse 15 it states
The LORD your God will raise up for you a prophet like me from among you own brothers. You must listen to him. For this is what you asked of the LORD your God at Horeb on the day of the assembly when you said, "Let us not hear the voice of the LORD our God nor see this great fire anymore or we will die."

God is so incredible. SO incredible. He pays attention to the smallest of details, keeps His Word and loves SO deeply it is unfathomable. You truly could not sail the sea of His love, even if you spent from now until your dying breath trying.

No comments:

Post a Comment