Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Day 46

For some reason if I am not on a reading plan (complete with the little check off boxes), I do not pick up the Bible and read it outside of reading it for my kids during school time. So I decided that no matter how crazy life is right now that I would pick back up where I left off and complete the Bible in 90 days.

I find that when I am not plugged into the Word, seriously plugged into it, it is not long before my life veers off course. I am way more prone to complain, way grumpier, way less likely to go out of my way to show kindness or love to someone else. However, I am more likely to sit and watch DVD’s of a TV show, pick up a questionable book and spend time reading that, or engage in a crabby fest within my own mind detailing everything I do not like and how unfair life is.


I am a different wife, mother, and friend when I am not plugged in and I do not like that.

I want to be the best I can be, give the best I can give, do the very, very best I can.

In short I want to do my ordinary daily things in an extraordinary way.

So in order for me to do that/be that person I am learning that I have to carve out time in the Word every single day. Apparently that means printing out a Bible in 90 days check off sheet or a Torah study schedule and going through those checking off the boxes. But that is ok. Because this Word, it is bread to me, life to my bones and health to my mind.

So starting tomorrow, day 46 here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment