Thursday, March 7, 2013

Day Eleven

First of all I read this article this morning and came away with an idea for today's act of kindness.  I am going to laugh more.  Now let me preface this by saying for some reason in the last five or so years I have forgotten how to play, enjoy, and laugh with my kids.  I cannot pinpoint the moment it changed, but I became more serious, more focused on teaching, instructing, correcting...in short form BORING and NO FUN for kids.  There is NOTHING wrong with instructing and teaching and correcting, in fact there is much good in that.  But my problem is balance.  I need balance.  I need to be reminded that it is ok to laugh, in fact it is very good to laugh...especially at myself.  So today my act of kindness for today is laugh with and to enjoy my children and my husband. 

No comments:

Post a Comment