Sunday, March 3, 2013

Day Seven & Eight

Today we played with our children.  Got down on our hands and knees, on their level, and played with them.  We dug, we explored, we bundled up because it was chilly, but we had a blast. 

Tomorrow I want to go an entire day without correcting my children.  Well, that is not entirely true.  If they do something wrong, I simply want to say "no" or "please stop" and note it down for future conversations, but instead of springing into "lecture" mode, or instead of listing everything they just did wrong, I want to go out of my way to encourage them and point out what they are doing right tomorrow. 

Tomorrow I want to go an entire day without complaining to my husband (not about him, just to him...about the work load, something about being a parent, about cooking, laundry, the dog, the weather...you name it I seem to complain about it lately).  Ugh!  I have a feeling I might be really, really quiet tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment