Saturday, March 30, 2013

The greatest gift you can give to your children

is not to try to make their life all about you.

Not their problems, struggles, successes, failures, joy, sadness etc;

I am realizing that one of the greatest things I can do for my children is to not try to make it all about me.

The immense pressure to be more, do more, and say more as a mom feels so heavy some days. 

Sometimes all of that perceived pressure is self-induced. 

We think we have to be it all, do it all, and say it all for our kids to turn out okay. 

But guess what? 

It isn't about us. 

It isn't about me. 

It is all about honoring Him, loving them unconditionally, and then trusting Him to work everything out.  SO easy to say, so hard to do.  I want to get in there and tweak things, and talk about it, and talk about it some more...and before long I have made it all about me.  How I see it, what I want in that moment, what I think is best etc;

So I need a few post-it notes tacked up. 

On the mirror, by the dry erase school board, near my computer screen...

It's.Not.About.Me.  John 3:30

No comments:

Post a Comment