Thursday, June 20, 2013

To Do & Done

A few weeks ago I was sitting in a waiting room of a doctor's office and found a parenting magazine.  Flipping through I saw an idea a parent had submitted, they took a wooden door hanger (the kind that slip over the door knob), personalized it and one side said "to do" and the other said "done" (basically making two columns on the front of it).  They took wooden clothes pins and wrote names of chores on them for each child.  I loved that idea. 

After talking to my husband we modified it a bit and came up with this :

We found three plastic stands to display different signs in (you can insert whatever you want into them).  I made a list of 'to do' & 'done' for each of my children.  I wrote each task twice (once under 'to do' and once under 'done') and numbered each.  Then I took wooden clothespins and wrote one set of numbers on them. 
For example "Bible" is number 1.  Once they read their Bible they take the # 1 clothespin and move it from 'to do' to 'done'.  It makes a great accountability tool both for me (did I work with them on everything I needed to that day?) and even better for them, (did they do all that was expected/asked of them)?

No comments:

Post a Comment