Thursday, November 7, 2013

Early Mornings

I love the early morning hush of our house.  Especially in the fall and winter.  The cool crispness that greets me as I venture from the warmth of my blankets and tip toe down the hall listening to the quiet hush of even sleep filled breathing.  I giggle almost every morning as I round the corner and hear the gentle snoring of my doggie. 

I light my candle, fix my breakfast (this morning a bowl of oatmeal, but yesterday I still had one pumpkin pie bagel leftover, so I spread a light layer of butter and toasted it and YUM!)  I miss my coffee the most first thing in the morning.  And when I drive by Starbucks and see their holiday decor and realize I will not be getting to drink a Decaf Gingerbread Latte this year :(.

I have my Bible and my journal ready to go.  Sometimes I will play some soft music, sometimes I revel in the silence, but sometimes I find my mind so full of thoughts I need to dump what's there before I can start fresh for the day.  So as my bird clock gently chirps the hour, I take pen to paper.

May God bless each of you today, may His face shine upon you.  May you find your deepest comfort, your highest joy, and your greatest satisfaction in Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment