Monday, October 6, 2014

Read Alouds

Ahhhh my favorite part of the day.

They encompass every subject we study from history to Bible to math.  They are an amazing avenue to reach my children's hearts, a way to stimulate their minds, an amazing way to awaken and feed their curiosity, their creativity, and an endless source for their imaginations.  They knit our hearts together, give us awesome topics of conversation, and help us crawl out of our own limited perspective and see the world through someone else's.  Read alouds are one of the singly most important things I do as a homeschool mom.

With that said how do I choose which books to read?  How do I organize it all and make sure they are getting what they need?  Well, that's easier said than done.  But I have a list of go-to websites, books, and blogs that have blessed us richly over the years.  Also don't be afraid to ask your family, friends, and favorite bloggers what they are reading.  Keep your eyes peeled for those awesome posts that say something to the effect of 'what's on my shelf right now'...

Here are my top favorites in no particular order:
Simple Homeschool
Sarah Clarkson's book Read For The Heart
Ambleside Online
Charlotte Mason Help
Sonlight

There are so, so many more awesome websites, these are just the ones I use every single year to guide our selections.  Happy reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment