Wednesday, May 6, 2015

B90 Day 9

We are still feeling crummy :(

Favorite verses from Day 9 : Leviticus 17:11
'For the life of a creature is in the blood, and I have given it to you to make atonement for yourselves on the altar; it is the blood that makes atonement for one's life.'

Leviticus 20:7&8
'Consecrate yourselves and be holy, because I am the LORD your God.  Keep my decrees and follow them.   I am the LORD, who makes you holy.'

Leviticus is hard to read through.  It is full of so much information, some things confuse me, some things bother me...in chapter 21 God tells Moses to tell Aaron that if any of his descendants have a defect they may not come near to God to offer the food if God, it goes on in verse 23 to say that they may not approach the altar, and thus desecrate God's sanctuary.  Why or how would that desecrate God's sanctuary?

No comments:

Post a Comment