Sunday, June 14, 2015

Ecclesiastes & Song of Songs

imagine this, you deny yourself absolutely nothing.  Everything you see, that you want, you take.  And still you come to the conclusion that everything was meaningless, a chasing after the wind.  Ecc 2:10&11

I loved chapter five this time through.  Previously I have found Ecclesiastes to be so depressing after reading through Psalms and Proverbs.  But this time I found myself really enjoying chapter five, especially these verses:
Guard your steps when you go to the house of God.  Go near to listen rather than to offer the sacrifices of fools, who do not know that they do wrong. vs1
Do not be quick with your mouth,
Do not be hasty in your heart
to utter anything before God.
God is in heaven
and you are on earth,
so let your words be few. vs 2

Beginning of verse six, do not let your mouth lead you into sin.  Yes, yes, yes....this is one I need to pray daily.

Much dreaming and many words are meaningless.  Therefore stand in awe of God. vs 7

It ends with this, vs 20 He seldom reflects on the days of his life, because God keeps him occupied with gladness of heart.  Oh please let this be me!!!  Let me be so occupied with gladness of heart I don't have much time to pour over the days gone past.

No comments:

Post a Comment