Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Ezra & Nehemiah

Does anybody else get giddy when you spot prophets in other books than their own?  It just drives home that these are real people, that really lived.

Ezra
Chapter 3 vs 3 Despite their fear of the people around them...

Chapter 7 vs 6 I want to be like Ezra, a teacher well versed in the Word of God & in vs 10 I want to devote myself to the study and observance of the Word, & to teaching it to my family.

Chapter 9 vs 15 Here we are before you in our guilt, though because of it not one of us can stand in Your presence.  Love this picture of humility.

Nehemiah
Chapter 4 vs 14 Don't be afraid of them.  Remember the Lord, who is great and awesome, and fight for your brothers, your sons and your daughters, your wives and your homes.

I really, really enjoyed the entire book of Nehemiah, but especially loved chapter 9.

No comments:

Post a Comment