Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Where does time go?

I feel like I have a time monster equal in his zest to crunch time as Cookie Monster is in his to crunch cookies.  I see scattered remnants of time spent/crunched littering the space around me, but literally don't realize it's passed until moments equal days.

Where was I in my B90 posts?  I should have looked at that before I began to post, but since I have just a few minutes before I have to wake my kids up...I am just going to put this post together.

I am still reading, I run anywhere from on time to a day or two behind.  My struggle is in not letting it pile up and doing a marathon read on the Sabbath.  I want to cultivate the daily need for Him, the daily coming again and again and again to His Word.

Instead of days I am just going to list my observation by book...

2 Chronicles
Loved, Loved, Loved reading about King Josiah in chapters 34 & 35.

VS 2 He did what was right in the eyes of the LORD & walked in the ways of his father David, not turning aside to the right or the left.

Eight years into his reign, at the age of 16, he began to seek God.

Twelve years into his reign, at the age of 20 he began to purge Judah of the high places, Asherah poles, carved idols, and cast images.

Eighteen years into his reign, at the age of 26, he wanted to repair and purify God's Holy Temple.

Then they found the Book of the Law, God's beautiful Torah.

When the king heard the words of the Law, he tore his robes.  So distressed was he that they were not walking according to the Word of God.  When was the last time I was distressed enough to tear my clothing?

The only thing that baffles me about Josiah is the end of his life.  Why, oh why, after everything he did, did he not reconsider his position against Neco?

No comments:

Post a Comment