Thursday, July 16, 2015

Mnemonics, meals, & more

I bought the book Every Good Boy Deserves Fudge by Roy L. Evans, Ph.D. a few years ago, and LOVE it.  Mnemonics are a memory device recommended for one of my children by a neurologist and they truly work!  While I love it when I can find mnemonics that other people write, sometimes I have to make my own.  Like the one my kids and I came up with : Smiles Magically Happen For Every Octopus to help us remember the five Great Lakes several years ago.  Today I was stuck, trying to create an anchor chart to help us remember the books of the Bible, I could find some, but not one that included all...so for better or for worse here are mine (except where otherwise noted):

General Exit Leaves Numbers Dutifully.
Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, Deuteronomy

Josh Judged Ruth, 2 Sams, 2 Kings, with 2 Chronicles.
Joshua, Judges, Ruth, 1&2 Samuel, 1&2 Kings, 1&2 Chronicles

Ezra needs Esther for a Job.
Ezra, Esther, Job

Psalms & Proverbs are Excellent Songs for Isaiah & Jeremiah to Lament.
Psalms, Proverbs, Ecclesiastes, Songs of Songs, Isaiah, Jeremiah, Lamentations

Easy there Daniel!
Ezekiel, Daniel
     
How Just And Obedient Jonah Made Nineveh! found this one in the book Every Good Boy Deserves Fudge that I mentioned above
Hosea, Joel, Amos, Obadiah, Jonah, Micah, Nahum

Jump Back Zeph, Hag, Zech, & Mack!
Habakkuk, Zephaniah, Zechariah, Malachai

Every Good Boy Deserves Fudge has an awesome NT Mnemonic which I am not going to type out...I highly recommend this awesome little book!

Short on time?  Money?  Or both??

Here are my go to's, one we actually had tonight for dinner.

Spaghetti pasta, chicken breast chopped up, broccoli, frozen pop & cook garlic cubes and basil cubes (look for these in your local grocery store, they are AWESOME), cook and toss together with oil (I don't add the cubes until the end, right when I put the hot pasta in the bowl, I toss them in.  I use two garlic and two basil for a large bowl of pasta)

Beans (pinto and/or black), cilantro, lime juice, onion, tomato, jalapeños or green bell peppers, avocado, and if you want shredded cheese to sprinkle on top.  Chop and dice to your preference, toss together and serve with chips or rice.

Tomato juice & water (50-50....how much tomato juice you use match with same amount of water), beef bouillon cube, taco seasoning, packet of ranch seasoning, a bit of salsa, cooked hamburger meat, and pinto beans.  Throw into crock pot, cook all day and serve with toasted cheese tortillas or chips.


No comments:

Post a Comment