Monday, January 30, 2017

Silence

Sometimes I want to say something, to reflect on what is in the news and how our world is changing - sometimes seemingly by the hour, but then I ask myself 'what do you really have to say about _______?'

Silence.

I don't have any words of wisdom to offer,  I am so confused about what we are supposed to do and what we are not called to do.

I understand the desire to keep our country safe, I tend to always be the type of person that thinks of safety first, however I also understand the deep desire to offer compassion and refuge to those fleeing war torn nations.  I cannot imagine what it would be like to be them.

I don't know what the right answer is,

I cannot imagine how hard it would be to be the one(s) making those decisions right now.

I cannot imagine how hard it would be the one(s) awaiting the decisions others are making right now, knowing that it will likely forever change the trajectory of life.  

So this morning as I take a break from our phonics drills and endless math pages and find myself worrying over this - I sink to my knees next to my comfy swivel chair and I pray.

I pray for our president, for our administration.  I pray for the exhausted, hungry, and afraid.  I pray for our world.

Please God direct our steps and help us to only keep our eyes on You.

No comments:

Post a Comment