Thursday, February 9, 2017

Good Morning

I use Lectio Divina every morning.  I love it.  It is the very first and only daily Bible reading that I have ever been able to stick to.  Have you heard about the Lectio Divina process?

Anyway, this morning's scripture is Luke 1:67-80.  I love the entire selection, it was hard to select one verse to pull out and focus on, but then as I read over it again and again I stopped on verse 74 and 75.

  
...to rescue us from the hand of our enemies & to enable us to serve Him without fear in holiness & righteousness before Him all our days.  

As someone who has struggled with fear and anxiety all of my life (I often say I think I came out of the womb worrying) this verse really resonated with me.  I backed up and saw that Zechariah (John the Baptist's father) is singing this.  And he is praising and wondering over the fact that his son is going to be the one who prepares the way for Jesus.  Then I noticed this, at the beginning of his song he says this - Praise be to the Lord, the God of Israel, because He has come to His people and redeemed them.  He has raised up a horn of salvation for us - this horn of salvation is Jesus.  He came to save us, to rescue us, and to enable us to serve God without fear in holiness and righteousness before Him all of our days.  

My heart is full of wonder at this truth.  It is beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment