Thursday, February 23, 2017

Making the day work for you

Recently, I decided that there are five areas (usually not all five on one day) that I drop the ball with consistently.  

My walk with God, homeschool, tidying, finances, and health (diet/exercise).  

So I have decided each month I am going to pick one thing in each area to work on.  

In March my focus for homeschooling is to make the drawer system work for us better than it has been,

Our drawer system is a system that is based off of the workbox system.  For years I was intrigued by this, but could never figure out how to make it work for us personally.  Does that ever happen to you?  It is SO frustrating!  Finally, I bit the bullet last year and ordered the drawer system and in doing so, I had to be ok with 1) it wouldn't look like pinterest 2) not every drawer would have something in it every day, and 3) we wouldn't get through every drawer most days, we simply would pick up where we left off the next day.  After I realized and accepted these three things, I was like "where have you been all my life?!?"  

In March, I want to be more intentional about using it, I want to make a monthly plan with a list of ideas for each kid in areas they need 1) practice in or 2) encouragement in.  Then I want to use the drawers to drive home those points.

Do you drop the ball in any areas of your daily life consistently?  What do you do to address these things?

No comments:

Post a Comment