Tuesday, February 28, 2017

OK

So I have this habit of getting really, really excited over some new idea, I am even (usually) great for the first week, sometimes two, but the whole sticking it out even when it becomes dull, boring, or (gasp) hard as h*ll to keep it going?

Ummm no, that is not my cup of tea.

I usually start rationalizing.  'Well maybe this isn't the season' or 'today was a hard day' or 'I deserve a break'...and before I know it another idea is scooted aside.

I hate that about myself.

But the comfort of being able to have a backdoor alternative was/is too appealing for me to have applied the self discipline to stick something out.  The only problem is, that the comfort I cling to, the comfort I seek, isn't Biblical.  It is a double-edged sword for me.  My idea of comfort is safe, habitual, and usually involves food or a warm cup of hot chocolate.

I have been feeling crappy for a while, the worse I feel, the more sugar I reach for.  And the cycle seems unbreakable.  I decided this morning that I am going to go thirty days without sugar, and this blog is going to be my accountability partner.

Now let me quantify what I mean about 'no sugar'.  I am not going to throw out my salad dressing or spend time reading labels at the store, at least not to begin with.  I am going to start with all the 'extras' first - snacks, desserts, special treats, drinks (soda pop and hot chocolates) and breakfast.  Until I can find something that I am sure is a good alternative, old fashioned oats with almonds slivers sprinkled in, with sprinkled cinnamon (no sugar) will be my breakfast of choice.  For thirty days.  I am sure I will whine and cry and complain.  A lot.  So if you do not want to read for 30 days, I completely understand.  I know this is going to be hard.  But I am curious...will it be harder to do this for 30 days or to stay where I am?

No comments:

Post a Comment