Tuesday, April 25, 2017

1 John

I have been listening to Paul Washer a lot this spring.  And he often preaches from 1 John.  I never really spent too much time in 1 John, I have read through it a few times as a part of a larger Bible reading and I have used it to answer fill in the blank questions for various Bible studies...but I have never just hung out in and meditated on 1 John.

What a mistake on my part!

There is such reassurance, such direct instruction.  Especially if you question whether or not you are truly His, truly saved.  It is a weighty matter to question salvation.

Whoever claims to live in Him must walk as Jesus did.  1 John 2:6


PS - please, please take the time to go read this post today.  It is by far one of the most beautiful, most beneficial blog posts that I have read.  Hands down.


No comments:

Post a Comment