Monday, April 24, 2017

loneliness and tidbits

Why is it so hard to make friends, good friends, as an adult?  I know part of my particular circumstance that makes it difficult is the fact that I have three kids with varying special needs and that, by its very nature, means we have unpredictable days.  And we spend a lot of time at home.

But still...it is HARD.  

And lonely.  :(

But through it all, God has provided.  I have this one friend who lives near me that I absolutely adore.  I have found so many neat books and blogs recently.  And my husband, although very busy, is literally my favorite person on the planet.  He is my very best friend.  I am so thankful for that. :)

Do you ever have those moments where you realize you aren't as smart (or clever) as you think you are?

Did you know that a linking verb 'complement' is indeed spelled differently from the word 'compliment'...that is was not a printing error in the teacher manual.  Ha!

Did you know that you can do one small test to know for sure whether a verb is a linking verb or an action verb?  If you are not sure try substituting a form of the verb "to be" in place of the verb in question, if the meaning is altered...the verb is a linking verb.

Example:

Is tasted a linking or action verb in the following sentences?  Well, let's check it out....

The sandwich tasted yummy.     The sandwich is yummy.  Obviously tasted is a linking verb here.

I tasted the sandwich.  I am the sandwich.  Tasted is an action verb here because I am most certainly not a sandwich :).

No comments:

Post a Comment