Monday, July 17, 2017

Sacred Mundane

A few months ago (I think...I am terrible about losing track of time!) I signed up to get to read/review a book, Sacred Mundane by Kari Patterson before it is released on the 25th of this month.  I am so behind in everything, yet I didn't want to rush through the book just to give it a review...I wanted to savor her words.  So I think I am cutting it close on posting this.  But here it goes...

I love Kari's writing, it portrays a depth of God's grace and faithfulness, a heart that seeks after Him steadily, consistently.  I love to get a new notice in my inbox that she has posted a new post on her blog.  Not only is she a homeschool momma, she is a deeply practical and real person.  I have emailed her a few times and she has taken the time to not only email me back (she does not know me in real life) but to also answer my questions and to offer encouragement.  I have read one other book by her, I purchased Faithfully Frugal for my kindle a few years ago.  HIGHLY recommend that one as well.

This new book...is AWESOME.  Seriously.  I am getting several copies for birthdays that are coming up, I want to get copies just to hand out to people when I meet them, when they have a new baby, or move into a new house, or get a scary diagnosis, or are having an average type of day.  This is a book you want to read with your best friend  The highest compliment that I think I can give Kari is this, above all else that I have said in my review, this book makes me want to follow hard after God, to appreciate and be thankful for what I normally would be indifferent towards, and to not just accept the hard moments, but to savor them, knowing they are doing His work in me.

You can pre-order it here.

You can check out her blog here.

PS...I always wonder this when I read a review, so I do want to mention :
even if I had not been given a free copy, I still would have said the exact same words I shared above.




No comments:

Post a Comment