Sunday, August 13, 2017

I am so sad to read the news.  I don't even know what to say to my kids when they ask 'why'.  Of course, we talk about the history - the good, the bad, and the ugly...but it doesn't seem to convey the depth of horror that I saw last night as I read article after article.  How can people be so horrible?  How can you look at someone and decide their worth because of what color their skin is or isn't?  How can you post Bible verses on your placards as you attack others?  How can you decide that Jews are horrible when the very Messiah you are quoting was Himself Jewish?  How can you decide one color of skin is better than another?

The one picture/tweet that deeply touched my heart was this one from Yashar Ali (not familiar with him, just saw it a retweet in my feed.)

I took the picture down, because they did identify the person who took the picture and it was on her personal feed, so I am not sure what the copyright laws are for that - click on the above link and it should take you to his tweet to see the picture I am referring to.


I am not sure who to give photo credit to, but I am so deeply touched by that young man's ability to stand there and protect the very people who are saying and doing stuff that is reprehensible.  I pray for that young police officer, I pray that he knows that so many people appreciate what he does each day.

No comments:

Post a Comment