Friday, September 8, 2017

seriously?!?!

Last month was awful.

Like really awful.

Our van stopped working.  That lasted all month.  We borrowed my father in law's car.  Wasn't that really nice that he let us borrow his car for a whole month?  My husband had a way to get to work, go to the store for us, go to the pharmacy etc; - we couldn't have done it without his car.

One of my kids is intermittently wheel chair bound and the chair would not fit in the car, so we were homebound if our destination was not within walking distance for a month.  So we walked.  A lot.  One day we walked to the store to get some odds and ends,  only to get through check out and realize I had left my wallet at home.

On the dining room table.

So I had to walk home and all the way back to pay for the groceries, which the check-out guy was so nice to keep in a cart for me until I could do that.  That was a looooong day.

Then the lawnmower stopped working.  So I had to use a weedeater to weed eat our yards.  We have a kinda large front and backyard.  This was hard work to keep the grass from looking like a jungle. It took foooooorever and was hard on my back.

Then the air conditioning unit in our window started pouring water into our house one night before bed.  Why do most things happen at the end of a long, hard day when all you wanted to do was fall face first into bed, plug in your headphones, and listen to an audio book?!?!

Then the water heater went out, even though this was an easy fix, it felt like the proverbial straw that broke the camels back, because from the car not working to the water heater, only four days passed.  As if that wasn't enough, I am looking through trying to figure out how afford all of this only to realize that I had messed up our accounts.  It took weeks to get them straightened out.  

Meanwhile all of the medical issues that my kids have flared up during this, making August a terrible, no good, very bad month.

That is until September hit.

Yesterday we are doing school and my youngest comes out to tell me there is a problem with one of the toilets.  I tell her I will come in a bit to look, that I was in the middle of a math lesson with my middle child, and I couldn't stop where I was to look.

I should have stopped said math lesson, I should've looked.

After lunch, right after my husband had left, and right after he detailed his very busy, very crazy day all three toilets start pouring water out of them.  Like water was going EVERYWHERE.  Sewage starts to back up in the bathtubs.  It was a HUMONGOUSLY gross mess.

The plumber came and there is currently a rather large hole in our yard until Monday.  This weekend we have to tear down our fence, dig up my kids' garden areas and get ready for the backhoe to come and dig up our backyard.  It is going to cost a small fortune.

Then today I was trying to wash the huge pile of soggy, gross, wet towels from yesterday only to have the drainage hose on the back of our wash machine break off and flood our laundry room, entry way, and a closet.  All covered in carpet.

I know in the grand scheme of life - like Hurricane Harvey, Hurricane Irma, the huge earthquake in Mexico - these are small issues.

But it doesn't feel small.

 It feels hard.

And overwhelming.

And it is stress on top of stress.

My kids (due to their special needs) do not do well with change.

I am done.  Like stick a fork in me done.  I want to stick my head in a bucket of chocolate.  I want to binge watch movies and lay on the couch and read a book.

Due to my kids' special needs I rarely sleep through the night.  I am tired all.of.the.time.  I want to sleep in a big fluffy bed and pretend that we are wealthy and have no problems and that I will wake up tomorrow to find out this was all a bad dream.

Oh and guess what?  This week's memory verse is Phililppians 2:14.  I guess I am not doing such a great job because my youngest just asked me if I wanted to tuck this one away, skip to next week's, and come back to it later?  :(

1 comment:

  1. Sunshine!
    I am so sorry to hear about your terrible time! How awful! I will definitely pray of you, and please update as things (hopefully) improve. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete