Friday, September 15, 2017

Today is my birthday!

Before my eyes had barely cracked open my husband was wishing me a happy birthday :)
Then after I crawled out of bed, I stumbled down the hall to take the puppy out only to see that my kids had stayed up later than I did and decorated the hall with birthday signs :), they prayed over me (how sweet is that?!?!), and one had made me a whole box of special stuff - rocks, flower petals, a mud ornament they made - overall an awesome start to the day.

I love birthdays, I love my birthday, other people's birthdays, the pet's birthdays.  I love to choose stuff for them and celebrate the gift that they are.  I love birthday cards and birthday texts and birthday cakes and birthday hot chocolates.  I love birthday packages, signs, and balloons.  I love the sweetness that comes for that one day when others around you stop and wish you a beautiful day, a great year.

I have some goals for this year.  I want to memorize the book of Ephesians, I want to be able to bike for an hour solid, and I want to run a 5K.  I want to grow in holiness and devotion to God, I want to deepen my prayer life, and I want to be a kinder person.  I want to become financially stronger and be a more caring and compassionate wife, mother, daughter, sister, and friend.

But my goal for just today?  To soak in the joy of my awesome husband and my sweet, sweet kids and our somewhat eclectic, sometimes overwhelming, always over-boisterous collection of pets.  :)  Oh and hopefully (this afternoon perhaps) curl up with a great book and a hot chocolate (of course!).

1 comment:

  1. Happy belated birthday! May your next year be full of blessings.

    ReplyDelete