Tuesday, April 3, 2018

What I am reading -

I have read some awesome books so far this year...







Next, I checked out Radical by David Platt from our local library.  I went on to recheck it out three times because I found that book sooooo frustrating to read.  I would read a chapter and then have to put it down.  I love David Platt, and this book is amazing.  This book is one of those books that inspires you to get up and go do something about what you read.  However, my life is not a 'get up and go do' type of life.  My three children have varying degrees of chronic health issues, which makes it hard to consistently do anything.  I wanted to open the front door and chuck this book right out several times.  But, through the last few weeks I think I have come up with an idea about how to do something, it won't be radical, it won't be adventurous, but it will be faithful.



I discovered that Nik Ripken has another book called Insanity of Obedience, I started it, but didn't get to finish it before it was due back to the library.  I will have to recheck it out, maybe this summer.



I am currently reading How to Develop a Powerful Prayer Life.  OH MY.  This is a great book.  Small. but mighty.  My favorite quote so far:  "The regular reading of significant amounts Scripture is absolutely essential to your prayer life."  I need this reminder, daily.



Unseen by Sara Hagerty "Our hardest circumstances are often the ones God uses to call forth the deeper reach for Him."  This quote is so beautiful, this book is even more so. 



Daring to Hope by Katie Davis Majors.  I read this book late 2017 and it came at just the right moment. I still find myself thinking about it all the time.  My favorite thing : Katie shares about she struggled through grief and loss, struggled to find hope and faith in the midst of goodbyes and unanswered prayers.  So she began posting pink post-its with scripture and with words describing tiny gifts she noticed tucked into each day, I went out and bought a jumbo pack of post-its.  I want to surround myself with His Words and even more so, I want to have eyes that see His fingerprints, evidence of His presence.    


No comments:

Post a Comment