Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Hard

The past three weeks have been hard.

It seems like for about a year or so now we have gone from one thing to another - seriously it is almost like a "grab your popcorn, the show's about to start". 

Three, I guess maybe four, weeks ago my kids came down with a sore throat.  The cold lingered but finally seemed to be going away.  Then my husband got a sinus infection and we (all five of us) just went downhill from there.  It culminated with TWO visits to the ER in the same night this past weekend.  I was sooooo exhausted I could barely function. Saturday afternoon when we laid down on our bed, our 14 yo dog went to jump up on the bed and screamed.  He then snapped if we got close to him.  So we jumped up and took him to the vet.  He has somehow hurt his knee and is limping/on pain meds (which we had to go back to the pharmacy again..the fifth time in two days).  Between breathing treatments, throwing up/stomach issues, blowing noses and coughing we have had very little sleep the past two weeks.

To top it off?  I woke up with a toothache this morning and then we had to call the gas company because we suspected a gas leak in our house. (thankfully it was not, but we still have no explanation for the very strong smell in our garage.  *sigh*) 

Did I mention we have been sick for the better part of three weeks now?  And that our house is a GIGANTIC mess?  I was so embarrassed when I had to let the gas guy in, I kept apologizing over and over.  He kept saying not to worry, it wasn't that bad.  Bless his heart.  He was nice.

To complicate matters my kids' underlying issues always get a LOT worse when they are sick, so basically, life is hard right now.

I am SO far done with everything. 

I cringe when someone asks 'how are you' because I want to cry and then my nose runs even more (it has run nonstop through this cold for like a week now). 

When I do attempt to honestly answer that question I watch one of two things happen - their eyes glaze over and they sort of look like, oh no, I really didn't mean for you to answer that question, I was just being polite, oh please someone make.her.stop.talking...or they take several steps backwards, almost afraid to get too close to us.  I can't say as though I blame them.

It has to get better, right?



1 comment:

  1. Sometimes it seems like God lets us get to the breaking point and then things start to get better. This will be one of those "remember when?" conversations you will have around the Thanksgiving table when the kids bring their spouses home for the Holidays.

    ReplyDelete