Tuesday, June 18, 2019

so this weekend was interesting...

A few years ago my husband and I bought one of our kids a puggle puppy to replace a service dog.  He was sick almost from the moment we brought him home until it culminated in his having emergency surgery one cold Sunday night in February (2018).  For the past year, he has been healthy and happy - we were very relieved and ready for years and years of happiness and health.  Well, this past weekend this little guy started having seizures. 


It was a long, scary weekend.  


The child that we bought him for also suffers from epilepsy so it seems cruelly ironic that this dog would be the one to be diagnosed with epilepsy.  On Saturday night I literally walked the floors holding this little guy, it was a very, very, VERY long night.  We started a new med yesterday and I 'think' we are on the right track.  

I don't know what else to say, except for I hope the rest of the summer is quieter and less dramatic.



No comments:

Post a Comment