Saturday, November 30, 2019

Thanksgiving

Well, our week did not unfold how I had intended for it to.


Earlier this past week, this little guy had a massive seizure that went on and on and on.  I really thought he would not recover from this one.  I hate seizures.  And then he had another one.  And another one (although smaller, and shorter-lasting than the first)  It doesn't matter if it is human or animal.  They are horrible, horrible things.  I guess it is the helpless feeling that consumes you as you stand there and watch, administer rescue meds and still wait.  There is nothing you can do but pray and wait and hope that things will be ok.  I have a kid who has epilepsy and this is her dog, who ironically also has epilepsy.  Our days are hard, our weeks long, but this, this little guys' issues have almost pushed me past what I feel like I can endure.  Why does the dog also have to have chronic health issues?


After many, many phone calls, a trip to the vet, several prescriptions later, he is (I think) stable again.



Thanksgiving dawned and my family of five gathered and ate and ate and ate.  We gave thanks, we curled up for naps, and we prayed that God would grant us a house of peace and health and that it would extend to our pets as well as our children and both of our parents and extended families and friends.  That God would shower us with His presence.  He is good and steady and able to carry us when we feel we cannot go on.



 And you know what today brings?  My husband and I are watching the Lord of the Rings trilogy while my girls are curled up watching a new movie gifted to them recently ❤




 I pray your holidays are off to a beautiful start and that you have tasted and seen that the Lord is indeed good.


2 comments:

  1. Victoria had a severe allergy that affected her paws and sometimes she would develop a limp so we knew it was flaring up. I told my kids that it was strange how we have severe allergies in our family and we have a cat with the same!

    ReplyDelete