Friday, October 15, 2021

Emotional Overeating

I spent 2020 eating my feelings.  

Literally.

It was SUCH a brutal year for us.  So how did I respond?  I spent the entire year drowning my sorrows in chocolate and take out.  I gained quite a bit of weight.  This isn't the first time I have done this, either.  *sigh*

What should I do now?  Just give up?  Feel sorry for myself and go grab some more chocolate?  

OR

Should I let God use this time through as a way to reach my heart in ways that I have not been willing to work on until now?  

I chose the latter.  

I just started a Bible study called Freedom from Emotional Eating by Barb Raveling, I am pairing it with Sara Borgstede's Sustainable Weight Loss Solutions.  I hate starting a weight loss program - it seems to take FORever to see any progress.  

But, it is time.  And I am ready.

I am going to use my blog as an accountability tool for the next 40 days (the length of the Bible Study). 

😋

No comments:

Post a Comment