Friday, September 30, 2022

Glass Sword

by Victoria Aveyard

This is the second book in the series and to be honest, I just wasn't feeling it...that is until chapter twenty-ish. 

The beginning and middle did not draw me in like the first book did, but I kept reading because...well I want to find out what happens.  I am glad I pushed through - the ending of the book is - well let me just say this.  The last nine chapters (and the epilogue) had me literally on the edge of my seat, willing my eyes to please read faster...pure pulse pounding drama.

Of course it leaves off at a cliff hanger, leaving me scrambling to find a copy o book three to read.

Theme of this book: Anyone Can Betray Anyone.  

Favorite quote:
"I cling to Cal, Kilorn, Shade, to saving all the newbloods I can, because I am afraid of waking up to emptiness, to a place where my friends and family are gone and I am nothing but a single bolt of lightning in the blackness of a lonely storm." pg. 250

1 comment:

  1. That is a haunting quote! It is hard to push through when a book is not grabbing you. Glad it picked up at the end.

    ReplyDelete