Sunday, May 6, 2018

Summer Plans

We homeschool year round here, but the summer schedule is lighter for us.  Most summers though we flounder and flop through with no definite plans, and since it gets reallllllly hot here, the summer seem to last fooooorever.  

ICK.  

Also, since my children have chronic health issues, it is next to impossible to make plans.  

I found that out the hard way.




In years past I've made these elaborate plans in the hopes that we would be able to do them, at least some of them.  But there is just something about my personality that doesn't accept that and move on.  It makes me sad to think of all that they are missing out on (even though the plans were just on paper and not definite plans).  So...since the summers my kids will still be considered kids seem to be blowing away in the wind much like a dandelion full of fluff, I decided to try something completely different...






I googled summer ideas yesterday and found a NEAT idea.  I made five columns (that fit us), Movie Mondays, Artful Tuesdays, Wonderful World Tuesday, Museums/Library Thursdays, and Fun Fridays.

Each morning I will have my kids peel back the post-it note for the day (I numbered the weeks - 11 is what I have planned for).  I planned simple things, that we should be able to do, even on the harder days.  Our themes for movies are old Disney, in order that they were made.  Art will consist of a mix of projects, crafts, and science experiments.  Wonderful world - we will be out and about exploring or playing in the water sprinklers, having water gun fights, or exploding water balloons.  Library and Museum...self-explanatory.  Fun Fridays will be the BEST because several times we will be meeting my husband at work for lunch!!  Yippee!!!!

What are your plans for the summer?!?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment