Saturday, July 4, 2015

Habakkuk, Zephaniah, Haggai, Zechariah, & Malachai

I have spent 68 days so far reading about a God who is jealous for the hearts of His followers, how can we pretend He would be so willing to let His law go and just have grace cover everything?  If He is a God who held His followers to a law that is no longer valid in our time, isn't that grossly unfair?  How in the world are we to know when we sin if there isn't a physical line to cross?  I need His Word to show me, teach me.  All of His Word, from Genesis to Revelations.  I cannot pretend to completely understand His laws, I haven't even kept all of them (forget the harder to comprehend ones of stoning someone, I am talking about the loving Him first, speaking truth at all times, keeping Shabbat, not coveting someone else's belongings...actually did that earlier today *cringe*...). I believe He offers forgiveness and a fresh start when we turn to Him away from our stumbling block.

I am just a mom, not a Bible scholar.  My knowledge is limited, but growing daily.

I believe the Word of God is true, from Genesis to Revelations.  I don't understand all of it, but I believe all of it.  I believe God spoke this world into existence, He sent His Son to carry our sin. I believe Jesus is the Messiah, but I also love the Torah.  I believe Jesus is the Way, the Truth, and the Life. I believe in keeping Shabbat, and I believe the feasts are beautiful examples of  the Messiah.  I believe Deuteronomy 6:4-9 is imperative for me as a Mom.  I believe when we sin, and we will, that He expects us to own up to what we did.  See it for what it is, call it what it is.  I believe that God can and will do anything.  I believe God is good, all of the time.

Do I doubt?  Yes I do, but deeper than my doubt, lies my faith.

I write my blog as a journal of sorts so one day my kids can go back and see who I was, how I grew, and how God led us through each year.  Also as a way to stay in touch with my family who lives hundreds of miles away.  Please though, I am very limited in my understanding and knowledge
of the Word of God, please read it for yourself.  There is so much information floating around in our world today, so many voices clamoring for our attention, so many sides to every argument.  I would encourage you to seek God for yourself.  He is either a fantasy or the realist thing there is.

What I learned today in:
Habakkuk
I want to pray 3:2

I can rejoice no matter what. 3:17-19

Zephaniah
Seek God, seek righteousness, and seek humility.  2:3

Morning by morning God gives justice and He does not fail. 3:5

God is mighty to save.  He will quiet me with His love.  3:17

Haggai
I need to give careful thought to my ways.  1:5&7, 2:18

Zechariah
Return to Him.  1:3

Chapter 3 He takes away my sin.

His Spirit trumps might and power.  4:6

Compared Isaiah 58 & Zechariah 7:1-10
Compassion, mercy, and justice.

Mourning for the One they pierced.  Zechariah 12:10

Malachi
We are to guard ourselves in our spirit.  2:15&16

We are to remember His law.  4:4

*edited to fix a few of my awkward spots

No comments:

Post a Comment