Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Something new we are trying...

A few weeks ago my kids and I started something new that has turned out to be utterly delightful.

We get out all of our breakfast supplies:  muffins and milk, cereal and milk, or bagels for the kids and cinnamon life cereal (dry in a measuring cup of course) and a hot cup of decaf coffee with creamy cream for me.

Then we set up our portable speakers in the living room (so we can hear over the summer fans), our makeshift breakfast tables, and we pile onto the couch and into chairs and proceed to journey into magical lands with our collection of audio books.  We just finished up Tuesdays at the Castle and we LOVED that book.  Why didn't I think to do this before?  What an enchanting way to begin the day.

I have utterly failed on my less sugar challenge the past two days :(.  My youngest got a big box of nerds... I haven't had nerds in a REALLY long time.  It brought back memories of braces and bad hair and adolescent drama.  :)  Then last night I had a hostess cupcake...ok two hostess cupcakes :).  

Today is a new day - there are only enough cupcakes left for my kids to get one each so I am safe on that front.  Truly I cannot be trusted with any treats in the house :)


No comments:

Post a Comment