Thursday, April 4, 2019

Well,

I said I would make it a goal to write once a week, so here I am again.  Roughly a week from when I last posted, and I am not sure what to talk about.

Maybe that my kids are coming down with yet another cold.  *sigh*

Or the fact that I have failed dismally on the no chocolate lent challenge.

Or the fact that we just got our credit card situation straightened out.  Seriously, I was so aggravated with that.

Or the fact that my husband took time off last week to get our car repaired (we had made that appt three weeks prior and had completed a diagnostic for it a few months before that) only to be told they ordered the wrong part.  And then when we went to pick it up two days later - they STILL didn't have the part.  This is after driving one hour one way to drop it off to be repaired.   And then to pick it up again, without the part being fixed.  With the knowledge that we will have to go back.  Again.  *sigh*

So I did something I talk about a lot, but actually rarely practice.  I pulled my kids off to the side, we stopped everything and we prayed.  We prayed about the credit card thing.  We prayed about the car part.  I poured out my feelings of helplessness, frustrations, and many, many repetitions of 'why do weird things like this always seem to happen to us?'  I was feeling REALLY sorry for myself.

But God.

Later that day, the same day I prayed,  a manager called from the credit card company and within three days from her call things were straightened out.  And I went in and had a face to face with the owner of the car company - I detest confrontations.  I seriously have THE hardest time talking to people about things like that.  I get shaky and nervous and my voice cracks - it is actually quite pathetic.  But I did it.  And guess what?  God moved in that as well.  There is really no other explanation, but God.

Why do I think He won't show up in the small (albeit frustrating) things?  I say I believe He created the world by speaking things into existence - I can barely manage dinner and that is with using just about every single pot and pan we own and creating a HUGE mess.  I say I believe He RAISED HIS SON FROM THE DEAD.  I can barely keep flower seeds that I just planted alive.  He raised a FULLY dead person back to life.  I say I believe, but does my life show that?  I realized that most of what I refer to is faith is when I have figured out another way to get something done.  But in the moments where things are not my fault, out of my hands, and yet still in desperate need of a fix, I realize that faith is running to Him and realizing it is ALL about Him ALL of the time.  And believing that no matter what does or does not get fixed, He is in both equally.  He just may be trying to teach me something different than I realize at that moment.  Like patience.  And trust.  And turning to Him.

Oh and those puny fixes I manage on my own?  He gave me the brain and ideas and energy and ability so really the glory goes ALL to Him anyway.

PS Ella, the bunny, passed the plastic and is doing GREAT 😍

No comments:

Post a Comment