Tuesday, January 19, 2021

Soooo

The new year didn't get off to a great start in our household.  We had been experiencing relatively calm weeks - I say relative because there is always an undercurrent of struggles with the various mental, neurological, and learning struggles that my kiddos have, but for the first time in a long time we had a stretch of time where the struggles did not eclipse the days.  Then January 1st dawned, and as that week progressed - the very first week of the new year - the days steadily declined.  

It left me reeling.

These have helped me find my footing - 

The hymn: I have been singing this hymn on repeat recently - "Have Thine Own Way Lord"

The hope: I had an amazing conversation with someone from the Radical ministry.   She prayed the most incredibly beautiful prayer over me, my husband, and our beautiful girls, sent me some links to study - it was amazing.

The struggle:  Do you ever have those verses that cause you to trip headlong over, fall face first and hard?  2 Timothy 1:7 is that verse for me.  

The lesson:  The last line of the hymn - Christ only always living in me.  This is the point He is bringing us to.  In life, in loss, in success, in love, in friends, in loneliness - the entire point of everything is this: Christ only always living in me.

No comments:

Post a Comment