Sunday, December 4, 2022

Sunday Check-In

First of all, I found my Bible plan for 2023!!!  I am still not quite sure how I found this blog, Growing4Life.net, but as I was planning my reading challenge for 2023, I wanted to find a Bible challenge that wasn't just read along/check-off the box.  I have done those and there is SO much good in those...I just find myself reading to read, not savoring the very Words of God.  And I want to savor it.  I want it to change me.  Not just gather knowledge.

I stumbled across this challenge but then realized it would be hosted on f@cebook, since I am not on that platform, I contacted her and asked if she was also going to post on her blog and she is!!  And so that is how I am going to follow along.  I did purchase the workbook she offers at Amazon, but it is NOT a requirement.  I just know I personally do so much better when I have a notebook or workbook set aside to write stuff down in when I am studying, so I went ahead and got it.




We are Adventing along (that's SO not a word, but it should be!)  We actually have been more consistent with this tiny Advent book a friend sent me a few years ago that David Platt published through Radical (2019), than with any other resource.  It is the perfect size for any type of day you may be experiencing...hard, happy, full, busy, lonely...and everything in between.  I don't know if the actual book is available to see or get online, but every day is taken from his 'pray the word' podcasts, so if you are interested, that would be a way to access the material.

This week, I would love to pick back up in Kari Denker's The Promises (we had appointments this past week that derailed just about everything), to continue my Bible study with my mom (planning on using the Christmas break to actually "catch-up" with this), sing/memorize/enjoy "God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen", and hopefully complete the Taste for Truth by Barb Raveling that I started earlier this year and have yet to finish.

What are your plans to get in the Word this week?

2 comments:

  1. I like the new word adventing, we too and thanks for sharing that Bible study, it looks great and doable.

    ReplyDelete