Wednesday, May 17, 2023

Death in the English Countryside (Murder on Location)

by Sara Rosett

I chose this book as my Cruisin' Thru the Cozies challenge "travel" selection.

First of all, I loved this mystery - cute, clean, and it slightly revolves around Jane Austen.  

Second of all, I had no idea what all went in to scouting movie locations.  It was fascinating.  Especially since my top favorite movies are period pieces - like BBC's (2008) Sense and Sensibility or the 2005 feature film of Pride and Prejudice.

And third of all,  isn't this just the loveliest of descriptions?  

"Cottages of honey-colored stone lined the narrow streets. The main road curved and brought me into the center of the village where I slowed to take in a tea shop with window boxes of flowers, stores with striped window awnings, and swinging signs poking out into the air advertising everything from pubs to a bike shop. A church in the same golden stone towered imposingly over a broad swath of green grass lined with flowerbeds. It was a perfect English village." pg. 43&44

I just found out there are more in this series!  I was so excited because I thought this was a stand-alone and by the end of the story I wanted to read more about Kate Sharp! Highly recommend this!

No comments:

Post a Comment