Sunday, May 21, 2023

The Winter Souls series...

I listened to the first two (A Soul Cold as Frost and A Heart Red as Paint) and was SO SO soooo sad when I realized the last two weren't on audible yet.  The narrator does a FANTASTIC job.  But I just couldn't wait to see how it all wrapped up, so this weekend, as some of ours are down with a cold I decided to go ahead and read the last two (A Crown Sharp as Pines and A Beast as Dark as Night).  

I LOVED loved LOVED this series.  

I don't know how to write a review that adequately reflects how much I adored it.  It is set in a fantasy world, written loosely based on the Bible - but done in such a way that does not belittle the gloriousness of God's Word.  I love the tales of friendship, the battles for truth and faith and the reminder that prayer does make such a difference.  I love the tale of romance and faithful friendship that underscores the entire series.  

My favorite quote:

“But only the believers can pray for a miracle on a silent night. That is our weapon, Carrier. Prayer is our one advantage in this war.” pg. 54 A Crown Sharp as Pines

I will definitely be re-reading this series.

No comments:

Post a Comment