Monday, June 26, 2023

Shattered

by Dani Pettrey

This is book two in her Alaskan Courage series, picking back up with the McKenna family.

This is Piper's story, and she teams up with Landon (and of course the rest of the McKenna clan) to help prove her brother Reef's innocence in the murder of a competitive (and fellow teammate) snowboarder.  

I loved this story, except for the last (maybe) five chapters.  It was going along at a great clip, edge of your seat, page turning anticipation...clean, but with just the right amount of romantic tension sprinkled in...then the story deviated and rushed through to the conclusion.  It would not stop me from recommending this book or this author, I was just so invested in the story, it kind of felt like hitting a brick wall and then being led down a random, meandering, path.  

I am not sure what I am going to think of the next one...it appears to be Kayden's story and I like her the very least out of all of the McKenna siblings.  We will see...it was available at my library...so I hope to read it this week too!


No comments:

Post a Comment