Wednesday, September 13, 2023

Up To No Gouda

Book One of "The Grilled Cheese Mysteries" by Linda Reilly

Whenever I am frustrated or blown away by something I often respond with "Good gravy....".  I knew I was going to love this book as soon as I spotted the first use of  'good gravy' (good gravy on a goat farm);but then came the grilled cheese descriptions.

Oh. My.

I am craving grilled cheesed sandwiches now.  I could actually almost taste their toasted cheesy goodness each time she described one of her sandwiches.  The one I most want to try is her bacon, cheese, and homemade biscuit served up with a steaming cup of coffee...*sigh*

This book opens introducing you to Carly.  

She has recently moved back home to Balsam Dell, Vermont and turned an old ice cream parlor into a slice of delectable cheesy goodness called 'Carly's Grilled Cheese Eatery'.  Everything is falling into place until Lyle Bagley walks in one morning and throws a curveball no one, least of all Carly, saw coming.  Once again Carly's heart and dreams are teetering on a precipice.  When Lyle turns up dead and the questions begin to pile up....Carly realizes she needs to provide a bit of "help" to make sure that the police get the right person on the hook for Lyle's murder (that and pesky Don won't get off her case to 'team up' so they can solve this murder).  The only problem is that once Carly (and Don) start asking questions, it becomes more of a 'well who wouldn't have wanted to do this guy in?!?!'   Lyle was sleazy with a capital 's'.  

I love the relationship and conversation (& FOOD!!!) described in this book!  SUCH a cute read.

No comments:

Post a Comment