Sunday, January 21, 2024

Thankful for

There are so many things I let slip by me each and every day.

Things like beautiful sunrises.

And a sweet hug from my husband after a long, hard day.

Moments spent in His Word that are SO incredibly touching.

This morning when I woke up, I made my coffee and set up my table spot...and then it hit me.  How very much I love these early mornings, but how rarely I give thanks for them.

My favorites are the cold, dark, winter mornings.  When I trudge down the hallway and put on my robe and slippers and brew my first cup of hot coffee.  Lighting my cinnamon candle and plugging in my lighted tree (my husband surprised me with this about five or ten years ago for my birthday and I LOVE it), is just the best.

Pulling my Bible study cart to the table comes next.  This is a simple four basket cart - SUPER cheap - (I think it is actually supposed to be a cleaning cart), but I wound fairy lights around it and piled it with my Bible study material.  The top two baskets holds my most recently completed bullet journals (especially since our school year ends up being split between two of them), the Bibles I am currently working from (right now it is a journal Bible and a Chronological study Bible), my prayer journals, and my pooh bear pen bag which holds my pens and book light.  These are THE best Bible pens I have found.  I think Eva Kubasiak first posted about these and this SUPER neat book light - the BEST part is that it is rechargeable so I am not eating through batteries like candy.  

The third basket holds our box of eye glass wipes, my label maker, book darts, and index cards.  I have had to put our trash bag roll on the bottom because my chihuahua kept getting into mischief and eating or chewing whatever he found on the bottom basket.  The only thing he won't bother is the roll of trash bags...so its spot is now the bottom basket of my Bible cart 😄.

As I sip my cinnamon coffee, I crack open my Bible to where I last left off and dig in.  I love noting Who God is, seeing His faithfulness weave its way endlessly through decades and centuries.  I love praying over and through His Word. 

Most mornings I am up an hour (at least) before anyone else.  I LOVE the quiet and stillness.  I am SO SO thankful for that.  When it is time to wake up my youngest to do school, we (usually) get about an hour of her school knocked out while everyone else is sleeping, I pull out all of our school books for the day.  I treasure this time with her.  Over the years of homeschooling, we have pretty much stuck to a one-on-one tutoring style method.  We do some things all together and we have attended a few classes (online and in-person) - but the style that works best for us is one-on-one.  This morning, it hit me how incredibly grateful I am for all of the years we have homeschooled.  I have LOVED this journey.  It has been hard and long and messy!!  But so incredibly beautiful.  

So, as we begin a new week, I have a heart full of gratitude.  I see God's faithfulness wrapped around us like a fluffy blanket and my joy spills over.  💖

No comments:

Post a Comment