Saturday, September 7, 2024

Adventures in Prayer

by Catherine Marshall

I LOVED this tiny, but mighty book on prayer.

I first read Christy as a teenager, but didn't realize Catherine Marshall had written so many other books until, as a young mom, I was browsing the library shelves one day and stumbled on to a shelf that contained multiple books by her.  

I was so enthralled by her vulnerability; how she detailed her mistakes and yet, in spite of that, God's continued and complete faithfulness.  As my kiddos grew up, our local library ditched/sold/got rid of her books to make room for new ones...so imagine my delight last week when I found this title on Am@zon.  

This book is tiny but mighty.  She has separated the topics of prayer into eight chapters, complete with explanations, examples, and the best part - a prayer at the end to give you an idea of what she means (for example what she means about praying the prayer of waiting).  I HIGHLY recommend this book!

(I also read Books 1 & 2 from "The Court of Midnight and Deception" series by K.M. Shea this week, but will just do one post about the whole series when I complete it.)

No comments:

Post a Comment