Tuesday, May 19, 2015

B90 Day 21

1 Samuel 17:58....didn't Saul recognize David from 16:21?

For the first time I noticed that David's brothers and his fathers household gathered around him after he fled Saul, chapter 22:1, I am sooooo glad they rallied around him.

I don't think I have truly ever appreciated the full weight that David bore each day, the fact that the majority of the Psalms he wrote show that he turned again and again and again to God....wow.  What a gift we have been given in this selection of Scriptures.

One thing that confuses me : why do they use an ephod now to inquire of God? (1 Samuel 23:9)  Wasn't the ephod what ensnared Gideon and his family?  (Judges 8:27)

Forgot to add one of my favorite moments between Jonathan and David, 1 Samuel 23:16
'And Saul's son Jonathan went to David at Horesh and helped hm find strength in God.'   I pray we each have a Jonathan in our lives!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment