Saturday, July 11, 2015

Matthew, Mark, Luke, & John

Just this week, one morning for various reasons, I read these three verses back to back to back.  Each time I picked up something I was led to another verse teaching my heart to be very careful about the words I speak.  *sigh* a lesson I seem destined to repeat...

Isaiah 58:13, Matthew 12:36,37, & James 1:26,27

Favorites
Matthew 11:28-30
"Come to me all who are weary & burdened, & I will give you rest.  Take My yoke upon you & learn from Me, for I am gentle & humble in heart, & you will find rest for your souls.  For My yoke is easy & My burden is light."

Mark 9:14-29
About twelve years ago I was able to reconnect with a friend of mine, I was at one of my lowest points in terms of my walk with God.  God was definitely pulling my heart back to Him, the Word of God was exploding as I read it daily, but still I struggled.  My friend & I did a Bible Study that summer by Beth Moore called, 'Jesus, the One and Only'.  I was just like the dad in this story when I approached God in prayer...God, if You can...I will never forget what my friend encouraged me to pray when I struggled with doubt and unbelief,
Mark 9:24"Immediately the boy's father exclaimed, 'I do believe, help me overcome my unbelief!'

Luke 2
Love, love, love this chapter.  In those days Caesar Augustus issued a decree that a census should be taken of the entire Roman world.

John 14
vs 1 "Do not let your hearts be troubled.  Trust in God, trust also in Me."

vs 6 Jesus answered, "I am the Way & the Truth & the Life.  No one comes to the Father except through Me.  If you really knew Me, you would know My Father as well.  From now on, you do know Him & have seen Him."

vs 27 "Peace I leave with you; My peace I give you.  I do not give to you as the world gives.  Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid."

No comments:

Post a Comment