Sunday, July 18, 2021

B90 Week Eight

 This past week, for me, was a flurry of reading and listening and trying to catch up.  I skipped ahead to where I was supposed to be, and then interspersed what I had not read as I had pockets of time throughout the day.  What resulted was confirmation that I am not really one of those people that does the "mixed" plans too well - reading a few chapters from multiple books of the Bible, because when I get done I think a verse I liked was in Isaiah, but it was actually Proverbs 😕.  

  This morning one of my girls and I went to church and heard the most amazing sermon.  It was SO SO encouraging.  It was about what would you ask God - if you could ask Him anything - what would it be...then he proceeded to give the congregation a list of questions that he suggests we ask - for fervency back in our souls, for faith back in our Savior, for fault back in ourselves (how many times do I blame someone or something else?), for faithfulness back in our service...but the one that convicted me the most is:  would I be able to preach (or teach) from the overflow - do I have enough knowledge from being in God's Word - that it overflows and I can teach from that overflow?  

  This past week I finished Psalms, read Proverbs, Ecclesiastes, and am in Isaiah - hoping to finish it today.  I find so many passages that I want to go back and study in depth - to sink down in to - to meditate on.  So, I will leave one such passage from Isaiah - 

"In that day the Branch of the LORD will be beautiful and glorious, and the fruit of the land will be the pride and glory of the survivors in Israel.  Those who are left in Zion, who remain in Jerusalem, will be called holy, all who are recorded among the living in Jerusalem.  The Lord will wash away the filth of the women of Zion; He will cleanse the bloodstains from Jerusalem by a Spirit of judgment and a Spirit of fire.  Then the LORD will create over all of Mount Zion and over those who assemble there a cloud of smoke by day and a glow of flaming fire by night; over everything the glory will be a canopy.  It will be a shelter and shade from the heat of the day, and a refuge and hiding place form the storm and rain."  Isaiah 4:2-6

  I love that - the promise of what is to come.  I love His Word.  I love the beauty and comfort - the challenge and correction - His Word is just so beautifully perfect.  

No comments:

Post a Comment