Sunday, September 25, 2022

Scripture Goals for the week of September 25th

This is a post in a weekly series helping to develop the habit of consistency in my walk with God.  

Last week, I completed week one of the Bible Study I am doing with my mom, I read through Romans One (only three times though), I finished transcribing it into my Journible, and completed week one (I was already well into it) of Kari Denker I Will Meditate study on Romans One.  Oh and I listened to the very first sermon Dr. Martyn Lloyd-Jones gave on the book of Romans....only to realize there are thirty-one total.  On JUST the first book of Romans.  

WOW.

I think it will take me through October to make my way through the thirty-one sermons.  

So, the format for studying Romans is going to be: complete the Journible and I Will Meditate as we begin a new chapter of Romans, then begin listening to the sermons.  However many sermons for that chapter, will dictate how far between each Journible and I Will Meditate that I complete.

Oh and I thought our minister was going to start the book of Revelations today.  But I misunderstood and we are still wrapping up the life of David.  I was so disappointed.  Until, I realized, this gives me ample time to go through Amir Tsarfati's Revealing Revelations with one of my girls that have been asking to do this study with me.  It is a win-win.  

So, this week's goals are as follows :

1) Complete week two of the Bible Study with my mom 💖
2) Finish Watchman Nee's The Normal Christian Life (hate that I haven't picked this up in more than a week)
3) Listen to Dr. Lloyd-Jones's sermons
4) Start Revealing Revelations with my girl 💝
5) Hymn: 'I Need Thee Every Hour' and the more contemporary 'Lord, I Need You'

What are your goals for getting into the Word this week?  Have a great week! 🍂

No comments:

Post a Comment